Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Disney Memories!

We have had a winter storm here in the South. Hard to believe isn't it? I am thrilled to be playing in the snow and cozying up in front of a fire. But the days are getting longer and I am wishing for warmer weather. I am remembering my trip to Disney back in November and thinking of the beautiful weather. So, I am blogging today about our trip and all the fun we had...


We had 9 glorious days to play at Disney and here are the girls at the Princess breakfast with Cinderella. This was our first time to the Akerhaus, located at Epcot. I really enjoyed the food and the girls were able to visit with all their favorite Princesses.


I'm not sure how many of these we actually consumed, but we had chocolate stains on every outfit!

We took one day out of Disney to visit Sea World and it was fabulous. There were no lines and we could pick our seats at every show. Here we are with the cast of the Dolphin show!
Parade, after parade, after parade...Yes, we saw them all!

As you can see, we didn't have any problems with crowds. We had time to hit every ride early in the morning, then we just ate for the rest of the day!

Here is Rebekah feeding the dolphin at Sea World! She is such an animal lover and she was in awe of these gentle creatures!

It didn't matter what time we went to bed, Emma was up at the crack of dawn. On the very first full day she whispered over to me at 5:30, yes that was 5:30 AM, "Mom, I see a sliver of light." So, each and every day she was the alarm clock and we were up and outta' there by 7. On the only morning that we had to be up early, Emma wanted to sleep in. However, the Princesses wouldn't wait so I got to wake up this Sleeping Beauty.

If you have never been to Disney around Christmas you really should make a point to go. There are such beautiful decorations and trees everywhere. There is a special display called the Osbourne Family Lights that is more than magical. It is millions of lights up and down a street at Hollywood Studios. The lights perform to Christmas music and snow (soap) falls as everyone stares at the display. It is a must see!

Me and my man!


The teacups were a hit for all members of the family! Well, not me, but I don't like Woozy rides!


Chef Mickey was yummy! I mean who wouldn't want to eat at a buffet that included great breakfast food along with cupcakes, doughnut, chocolate, etc...

Here is Princess Kitty and Tinkerbelle!

Oh, I miss the warm weather! Not one drop of rain for the entire trip!

By nightfall I was tired! I finally took possession of the stroller for myself. It wasn't long before there was mutiny among the troops though! I would like to note the toilet paper I have tucked around the toe of my flip flop on my right foot. I thought since it was so beautiful outside I would wear flip flops in the park. What was I thinking? I had a massive blister by the end of the day! Fashionable or not, I wore tennis shoes every moment after that!


Sweet! Isn't it the most precious thing to see the wonder and excitement of childhood in the eyes of your own children.

As some of you know, my mother was battling Lymphoma during our trip and had just finished up her last Chemotherapy. Needless to say, she didn't have any hair and refused to wear hot wigs for the entire trip. So we had a great selection of hats for her. It was a good thing because the children ended up needing to wear them because of the sun! Of course, Emma was the only one who wanted to wear them all at once!

My sweet Rebekah at the Swiss Family Treehouse!

I love Disney, and love the It's a Small World ride more than any other. I guess it is because it is one of those eternal, never changing, things you can count on. I can remember it from my childhood and know that my girls look at it with the same wonder that I saw.


Here is my mom, who "Fought like a Girl" to go on this magical trip. She had more stamina than either of my children and my husband. I am so glad she was able to go and it wouldn't have been the same without my parents there. We really had a magical time!


1 comment:

  1. When it comes to maintaining your financial health,Play Bazaar one of the most important things you can do for yourself is establish an emergency fund. Having an emergency fund will help you avoid sliding into debt in the event you or your spouse loses your job, needs medical care or has to face an unexpected crisis. Setting up an emergency fund is not hard to do, but requires some discipline. Figure out what your monthly expenses are and set a goal to save 6-8 months of funds in an account you can easily access if needed. Plan to save a full 12 months of funds if you are self-employed.Satta King

    ReplyDelete